ESC in FRANCE Youth animator of intercultural activities
Within the framework of the European Solidarity Corps, The Association Community offers the following volunteer opportunities:
About hosting organisation :
Community is an association (created under the French law of 1901) that works to maintain social links between inhabitants and to strengthen solidarity between generations. Impregnated with the popular education movement, our organization designs and implements fun and varied activities aimed at improving the well-being of our users and promoting the “living together” value.
Driven by strong human values, we are committed to welcome people of all ages, religions and social backgrounds. We particularly work for and with people in vulnerable situations, especially young people, for whom we develop adapted support approaches, in collaboration with local partners, in order to strengthen their power to act and enable them to (re)define a life and/or professional project. In this sense, Community is a living space, full of resources, in which a dynamic and competent team aims to support each individual at his/her own pace and according to his/her expectations.
From our desire to further strengthen the responses we can develop for the young people of our territory, we aim to create a kind of “hub” focused on cooperation and international mobility, obviously complementary and closely linked with the social dimension of our activity.
Indeed, the young people who come to our structure and who, for many of them coming from rather modest families, are generally excluded from mobility schemes for several reasons: lack of information, but especially awareness of the benefits of an experience abroad, fear of departure, lack of support and follow-up… Since diversity is also sorely lacking in the territory of Audomarois, we believe that international mobility is also an effective way in order to fight against the increasing of some extremist ideologies.
For this reason, it is necessary to implement actions in that sense, in particular by raising awareness of interculturality from an early age, to open up young people to other horizons and develop their talent! To this end, international cooperation projects can also be a lever for them to undertake solidarity and innovative actions and to prove themselves as actors in a more just and sustainable society!
In addition, a voluntary mission is offered to foreign students within our association, with the aim of contributing to the development of the « international cooperation and mobility » hub, in particular through the actions mentioned below.
Professional sector :
- Social inclusion
- Sustainable development
- Social and solidarity-based economy
The volunteer will work most of his/her time to “Les Bellons”, the second small community centre managed by the Association Community (the main one is “Centre social Jean Ferrat”). Indeed, 2 members of the team work there and aim to extend our activities to a larger audience.
- The volunteer will contribute to the development of “Les Bellons” and the implementation of new activities related to youth mobility and intercultural aspects within this priority neighbourhood.
- The volunteer will elaborate and implement entertaining activities for children and teenagers (who come to our association and/or from schools around) in order to raise their awareness about different cultures/countries, gender stereotypes, fighting against discrimination… The idea of those activities is to enable children and teenagers to understand and experience different cultural codes through recreational activities).
- The volunteer will promote the international mobility programmes by implementing group trainings, information sessions (within our organization, but also within some schools), by enhancing the benefits of international mobility and supporting disadvantaged young people.
- The volunteer will support the team in the development of the Youth Mobility and International Cooperation Department within “Les Bellons”.
- The volunteer will support the project manager in seeking new partnerships to develop international cooperation projects and youth exchanges.
- The volunteer will be able to propose ideas for action and contribute to the writing of grant applications.
- The volunteer will have the opportunity to participate in events and contribute to the production of various communication materials, for graphic and/or translation aspects.
- The volunteer will also have the time and opportunity to be supported in carrying out his/her own initiatives.
Expected profile :
- To have strong willing to speak French
- To be creative
- Interest in the associative environment, interaction with the public (especially children and teenagers) and intercultural exchanges and cultures
- To be a curious, dynamic and reactive person who knows how to adapt and shows initiative
- To be a patient person, able to listen and who shows team spirit
- To share values of solidarity and respect
InfoPack :Welcome Kit Community
Work place : Association Community (antenne « Les Bellons ») – Square Marcel Pagnol 62510 Arques (Pas-de-Calais, France)
Expected start date : January 2023 (for a duration 12 months)
Tutor’s name and function : Thaon Maddy, Head of Youth Mobility and International Cooperation
Contact details : email@example.com or 03 21 88 37 37
Website : http://community-asso.org/