It is an initiative that brings together volunteers and organizations from different countries, providing practical support to humanitarian aid projects and contributing to the building of local capacity and resilience in disaster-affected communities. L’ADICE is participating to EU Aid Volunteers program.
The EU Aid Volunteers program covers mission-related expenses (transportation, insurance, and accommodation). A variable monthly allowance, depending on the cost of living in the host country, is provided to the volunteer for food, local transportation, or other expenses. Upon return, the volunteer receives a resettlement allowance corresponding to the number of months of deployment.
Practical information :
- Age: from 18 years-old
- Humanitarian mission duration: from 6 to 12 months
- Conditions: being a European citizen or being a long-term resident of a member State
Our current EU Aid Volunteer & VIS missions:
1 missions within the Association for Protection against AIDS (APCS) :
Created in 1998, APCS works in the following areas of activity:
- Prevention: awareness-raising campaign in middle schools, high schools, and universities.
- Medico-social and psycho-social care: APCS has set up a network of medical follow-ups and support for people with STDs and/or HIV AIDS in relation to public and private care doctors.
- Defence of rights: if a person who is HIV-positive or has an STD is discriminated in a public/private service, the association becomes a civil party to denounce the facts and defend the victim. A lawyer who is a member of the organization supports the victims.
- Advocacy: APCS develops advocacy for the promotion of sexual and reproductive health and organises training for its members, particularly peer educators and volunteers.
- Care for migrant women: Algeria and Western Algeria are experiencing a significant influx of African migrants. Their living conditions are particularly precarious and APCS takes care of women in particular.
1 mission within the Human Supports Association (HSA) :
Human Supporters Association operates psycho-educational and psycho-social projects and intercultural programs, such as The School Support Programme which targets 120 underachieving boys and girls a year by educating them in English, Arabic, and Maths using alternative educational methods and other programs.
In particular, the volunteer will support the association in giving visibility to the activities carried out with disadvantaged children and youth.