COMMUNICATION & FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGNS (en anglais)
Association «Merkuri» is an open shelter for women-victims of domestic violence and their children in 2018. It is still only shelter for survivals of domestic violence in Samegrelo -Zemo Svaneti region. Funding of shelter on 90% is depended from donor’s grants.
Because of COVID-19 crises, priorities of donor organization were changed that caused lack of financial resources for operating of shelter. Thanks to local and international partners, shelter continues hosting of beneficiaries. However, Association «Merkuri» would like to increase rate of donation to ensure work of shelter for next months.
Main goal for online volunteer is collect donation for the shelter for women – Victims of domestic violece and their children, which is running by Association «Merkuri».
VOLUNTEER’s TASKS :
● Developing and implementing an online fundraising programme
● Designing promotional materials and raising awareness of an organization’s work, goals, and financial needs.
● Creating a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
● Using online platforms to collect donations
● Organize campaigns or events to solicit donations
● Evaluating the success of previous fundraising events
● Training volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
● Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
● Seek out fundraising opportunities that offer high longterm
funding potential and prioritize those that offer
the most unrestricted funds.
● Implement best practices in fundraising
● Sharing basic knowledge, methods or tools for collecting
donation online with staff of organization and
Required competences and/or experience:
● At least 3 years of project managing fundraising campaigns OR related
work in digital fundraising. Bachelor’s degree in related fields (management,
marketing, communications or public relations) may be helpful ;
● Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies ;
● Experience with building and maintaining different digital tools of donation (forms, surveys etc.);
● Is interested in training and mentoring volunteer fundraisers and is comfortable presenting to group of people ;
● Able to multitask, meet deadlines, set priorities, and problem-solve in a fast-moving, remote work environment ;
● A commitment to mission and values of Association ‘Merkuri/ sensitivity toward problems of domestic violence survivors ;
● Self-motivated, requiring minimal direction to accomplish high-level work ;
● Results Oriented. Must consistently set and achieve realistic business goals and understand the importance of meeting quality standards and deadlines ;
● IT and social media skills.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to get deep knowledge about social problems
and problems of vulnerable groups of women in Georgia, about work environment for NGOs in Georgia.
She/he will have the opportunity to use your existing skills, while developing and learning new ones to take forward into the future. Volunteer will join a friendly, passionate team and develop an understanding of how this team operates.
Working conditions: Work from home with flexible time.
This role is an online part-time volunteer, so around 12-15h per week of commitment. Depending on the week’s load, you will have more or less tasks. You will be able have flexible working time with weekly meetings with representative (s) of organization that last around 1 hour. Task related communication will be planned and established according real needs.